September 11, 2014

Hello Jeonju!

I knew I will procrastinate and will leave this blog to rot on its own. I knew it grrrr. 


I have actually set foot in Jeonju for more than 2 weeks and to be honest I have all the time in the world to post an update. But oh well, I'd rather watch dramas, variety shows and roll around instead of doing something that is (rather) meaningful

I'll just do a series of photo updates, also I'll make an announcement by the end of the post ! :)

The aerial view of SK before landing at Incheon International Airport
Jeonju University's dormitory cum old gate.
So, I was sent to Jeonju for my Korean Language Programme before heading to Seoul for my graduate studies. Anyway, there's nothing much I can say, because classes have yet to start. Classes would only start after Chuseok (Mid-autumn fest), so hopefully by then I'll get back to everyone about classes.
28/8: first orientation for Jeonju Uni's GKS scholars

2/9: Jeonju province's GKS orientation
Awesome goodies !



Date: 29 August 2014
Venue: Hanok Village and Gaeksa Street

I also did some sightseeing in Jeonju!
Jeon Dong Church situated right in front of the Hanok Village street.


One of the many Hanoks in Jeonju Hanok Village
Hanok Village street
A garden in front of Gyeonggi Jeon
Gyeonggi Jeon's entrance
Gaek-sa Street also known as Jeonju's Myeongdong

On one of the many days, instead of hanging out in town, we decided to go to a temple nearby our campus, but unfortunately we were terrible with direction so we ended up wandering around a village nearby our campus!
About 10mins walk away from dorm and you get this view! Fuh
Hanging out with the Americans!



Date: 7 Sept 2014
Venue: Hanok Mural Village and Eunhaeng (Ginkgo) Street

I think this is the Craft work Hanok/Museum
At the mural village!


FYI although this mural village is a tourist attraction, this village is inhabited just like any other villages only with fancier houses. Anyway, my point is these Koreans are so thoughtful that they actually built beautiful rest stops on their own property for tourists, and most importantly is- it is absolutely free! 






Kay and Dulce
Low roof


Spirited Away
Kungfu Panda House! Woots
Hanok Mural Village Tour with people all over the world!

Ginkgo Tree at Ginkgo Street




I admit that this is an extremely half ass entry but I do it for my own memory's sake so it doesn't really matter, I guess? Besides, I have missed out the trip to Chonbuk University which is a student heaven compared to our Uni's surroundings in this entry, but be rest assured cause I'm sure I'll make more trips to that part of the town in future!

Anyway, from today onwards I'll do frequent posts about trivial stuff like food, rants and any random things that happen in a day in my newly created Dayre account! I'll make major spams that I dont usually do in any of my social media platforms. As for this blog, I'll try my best to keep it alive and dedicate it to more informative and/or full-blown coherent entries!

Till then! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment